One of the biggest things that you will have to decide is what type of hairstyle that you want. If you’re going with something new that you’ve never tried before, you may be starting over from scratch. So here are some tips that you can use to help you with choosing the right one.
1. Decide What Type of Hair You Have
Your hair type is composed of three different things, your hair’s natural shape (curly, wavy or straight), your hair’s texture, and how much hair is on your head. Your hair’s shape will be easiest for you to figure out. How does your hair naturally go? Take a look at your hair and figure out its natural shape. Look at the way it flows without you doing anything to it.
The texture of your hair describes your hair’s strands.
- Fine – If you have fine hair, the strands are very thin and soft. It tends to fly-away and difficult to curl. Fine hair sometimes takes well to the use of chemicals. However, it can get easily damaged, particularly if it’s been overly process.
- Medium – If you have medium hair, it has a normal texture. If your hair has normal texture, it generally takes curls and perms well. It’s also very manageable and common.
- Coarse – If you have coarse hair, the strands feel wiry and they’re very thick. One of the best things about coarse hair is that it’s extremely strong, so it’s not easy to damage. One thing that isn’t so good about it is that it takes longer for processing and it doesn’t do well with the chemical treatments.
3. Hair Amount
Your hair amount is able to be determined in a number of ways. One of the easiest ways that you can do it is through making a pony tail. Take an elastic band of regular size and put your hair into a ponytail. Then count how many times you can wrap your band around your hair.
- Fine Hair – 3 or more times
- Medium Hair – 2 to 3 times
- Thick Hair – 1 time = Thick hair
Decide the Shape of Your Face
Once you know the type of hair you have, you’ll have to decide what shape face you have. There are a few ways that you can figure out what shape your face is. You can tie back your hair and then look into a mirror. Then take a bar of soap and use it to outline and figure out its shape.
Another good way to do it is to take measurements using a ruler or tape measure. Take these measurements and write them down:
- Measure across your cheekbone’s top
- Measure across the line of your jaw from the point that is widest to the other
- Measure your forehead across its widest point. Usually this will be in between your hairline and eyebrow line.
- Measure from your hairline’s tip to your chin’s bottom.
Now that you have your measurements, take a look at them and the face shapes below to see where you fall.
- Oval – If you have an oval face, your face’s length is 1 ½ times its width. The measurement of your forehead’s wider than the chin. Usually if your face is oval, your cheek bones are prominent. Theoretically you’re able to wear any type of hairstyle.
- Round – If you have a round face, its width and length are approximately the same measurement. It’s widest at your cheeks.
- Oblong – If you have an oblong face, it’s longer than its wide. Their cheek bones, jaw line and forehead are approximately the same widthwise. Chances are your chin is prominent.
- Heart – If you have a heart-shaped face, it’s similar to if you have an oval face. You have a wide forehead and cheekbones and your chin is narrow. Your chin will have a point that is smaller than that of an oval face.
- Square – If you have a square face, your face’s width and length are about the same. Forehead, jawline and cheekbone measurements are very similar. The factor that is biggest when it comes to a square face is your jawline’s very squared and angular.
- Diamond – If you have a diamond shaped face, your cheekbones are your face’s widest part. Your jawline and forehead are going to be smaller, with widths that are about equal.
- Triangle – If you have a triangle face, it’s the reverse of a heart face. Your jawline is its widest part with narrower forehead and cheekbone measurements.
4. Find the Right Style
Once you have decided what type of hair you have and the shape of your face, it’s a good idea to find someone who has the same type of attributes as you have. It’s a good idea to look for actresses who have the same shape face, since you’re going to find a lot of options there.
Layering will be an excellent way that you can help your best features with standing out. Do people say your smile’s nice? Then you want to choose a layer that frames your face at your mouth. If you’re always being complimented on your eyes, bangs are a good idea.
Choose a Hairstyle Which Fits Your Lifestyle
Finally, you want to choose a style that will fit your lifestyle. If you are very busy and you don’t have a lot of time for fuss, then you want to choose one that is simple to do. If you’re reserved and shy, chances are that you don’t want to choose one that is funky. Ask people you trust what their opinion is about what type of hairstyle you should get. You also want to consider your job, so that you can look professional if you’re in a professional environment. Choose one that fits you the best, rather than making yourself fit the hairstyle the best. It will go a lot better for you.